Clear all

Broadband antennas for the HF-60100

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
13.5 K Views
(@yankee10)
Topic starter  

I sometimes see that the HF-60100 comes with a 'Detachable miniature rod antenna'--although descriptions often leave this out. Does anyone know if this antenna exists and under what conditions it can be used? For example, does it cover the whole frequency range of the HF-60100? Is it a calibrated antenna? Can the HF-60100 be used without any antenna? If so, for what frequency ranges and what type of measurement--magnetic or electric?

I don't necessarily need good absolute measurements over the entire frequency range of the HF-60100 (I do for 800 MHz - 3000 MHz), but having some relative indications in the 1 MHz - 500 MHz range would be advantageous and hopefully obtainable inexpensively. Also having some near field E and/or H field measurements in the 3MHz-30MHz range would be very useful (as the operator could be well within a wavelength distance from the antenna). Any advice?

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Use our latest "IsoLOG 3D Mobile" covering 9kHz to 6GHz (E and H fields). More information at http://www.aaronia-shop.com/products/an ... ic-antenna

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@yankee10)
Topic starter  

I am aware of the new 3D antenna, but it doesn't fit my definition of 'low cost.' I could probably get the MDF 9400 and Bicolog 5070 to cover the missing ranges--once I sorted out the 'magnetic' vs. 'electric field' issues--at less than half the cost of the 3D. The questions I asked are aimed at helping me sort out what I could actually do with what comes standard with the HF-60100--and just what does come standard with it (rod antenna?). For example, the NF 5030 doesn't require any antenna to measure the H and E field. Does the HF-60100 have the same capability at the low end of its frequency range?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

I think the "IsoLOG 3D Mobile" is very cheap for the features and frequency range (9kHz to 6GHz) it offers.
There is no "1 Euro low cost" rod antenna solution available to cover that complete frequency range and for sure you dont even get an "indication" with such an antenna. Why do you think such a toy should be included with the HF-60100? Instead the HF-60100 includes our powerfull "HyperLOG 60100" logper antenna (680MHz to 10GHz).
The NF-5030 INCLUEDS an internal 3D magnetic and 1D electric field antenna (1Hz to 30MHz), that makes the unit indeed unique within the market.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@yankee10)
Topic starter  

The 3D antenna may be 'inexpensive' for its features, but it is not inexpensive for a personal pocketbook. As an engineer I want performance but I have to be careful how I spend my resources as I am using my personal budget. I am gathering from your comments that the 'detachable miniature rod antenna' that I have seen listed (sometimes) as a standard deliverable with the HF-60100 does not exist.
I also conclude that the HF-60100 does not contain the internal antennas that the NF-5030 does. I probably could use some low cost antennas that you might classify as 'toys'--at the expense of them not being calibrated and just providing some indication.

I was hoping someone on this forum site might be able to recommend something like that--unless this site is limited to only discussing SPECTRAN products.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

As mentioned you simply DONT get any other broad band antenna within the low frequency range for a "low cost" budget.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@yankee10)
Topic starter  

...and yet inexpensive broadband devices seem to cover a broad range of frequencies with just an internal antenna. Yes, not providing calibrated levels for individual frequencies, but providing energy readings relative to background. You are saying that this quality instrument cannot lower itself to provide that level of performance for frequency ranges not of primary interest using an inexpensive broadband antenna? I thought that if you had an antenna's performance characteristics they could be programmed into the MCS software.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes, the MCS can handle any antenna dBi curve, even if it is very complex.
So if you think such a cheap broad band antenna exists on the market just buy it and add the calibration data to the MCS Software. So far i am not aware of such an antenna.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: