Notifications
Clear all

Effective area of HyperLog 60100

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@maurod)
Topic starter  

Hello, I need to know the effective area (Aeff) of the HyperLog 60100 antenna. I searched for the equation of this parameter for this particular antenna and I found the typical equation which is for aperture antennas:
Aeff=G*(lambda)^2/(4*pi)
But the log-periodic antenna isn't an aperture antenna, this is a thin elements antenna because it's a dipole array. I found that the thin elements atenna haven't a simple relationship between physical area and effective area:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_a ... cite_ref-6
I read the book "Modern Antenna Design" and I found the same, the typical equation is for aperture antenna.
So, do you know what's the effective area equation for a log-periodic antenna?
Or, can you guide me to find the equation?

(@maurod)
Topic starter  

These days, I have been reading books related to antennas and I found in the book "Antennas" by Kraus that the equation, which I mentioned before, can be used for any antenna (page 54, at the beggining):
G=4*pi*Aeff/(lambda)^2
I got confused with the scope of the mentioned equation because I read in the book "Modern Antenna Design" by Milligan that that equation was derived for large aperture antennas. Maybe, I didn't interpret that correctly.
So fortunately, I was able to calculate the effective area of my antenna from the mentioned equation and the antenna gain with respect to an isotropic antenna.

ReplyQuote
Share: