Clear all

How to select BicoLOG or other antennas in main menue

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
24.2 K Views
(@detergento)
Topic starter  

How is right way for setting up others antennas (I.E. BicoLog 5070) that are not listed in the sub-menu of HF-60105?

Thanks

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Because it makes no sense to use the BicoLOG antenna without EMC software. Without a EMC software showing limit lines etc. like the MCS you cant make an EMC measuerement so it makes no sense to add those antennas to the main menue of the SPECTRAN.

Anyway you can use the "RefOff" function in the main menue to set up any custom antenna gain at any time.

Snip

ReplyQuote
 mrmc
(@mrmc)
Eminent Member

Is not possible to use bicolog antenna for measuring 110-400Mhz (ICNIRP intreval) without MCS?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

As stated before without MCS Software it makes no sense.

Snip

ReplyQuote
 mrmc
(@mrmc)
Eminent Member

Maybe i miss something.
Using only the spectrum analyzer, without MCS, with Bicolog, and knowing the source of RF : we can chose 110MHz-400MHz range and measure it, over 6 minutes ( using a watch or cronometer :) ). For example in this way we can measure a TETRA MOBILE RADIO which operate at 380MHz.

What am i missing here?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

The unit offers no calfile for the BicoLOG, so it simply does not work and again: "Without MCS it makes no sense".

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@hmachatz)

What about other antenna selections that do make sense? I have a new HF6065 that came with a HL7060 antenna. I also have a HL4060 antenna that I want to use, but the 4060 antenna does not appear in the antenna selection choices on the analyzer.

Thanks in advance for any help. HMAchatz

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Use the HL7060 instead, it offers the same fix gain.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@hmachatz)

Use the HL7060 instead, it offers the same fix gain.

What about when I'm taking measurements in the 400 to 700 MHz range? The HL4060 covers this spectrum but the 7060 does not. Will my measurements be accurate? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes because the HyperLOG series allways offer a quite FIX gain.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@hmachatz)

Yes because the HyperLOG series allways offer a quite FIX gain.

OK, thanks. I still have the same question an earlier post contained. Is there any way to add new antenna's or cables to the HF series units? I have several other antennas and cable jumpers I've made or purchased that are not Aaronia. I have the spec files (.CSV) for them, as I used them on my previous analyzer (a Tektronix SA2600). I know they are accurate, and I saw something yesterday in a Google search that stated it was possible to add other antenna's using the MCS software? Thanks again; this will be my last question and I appreciate your time.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes in the MCS software offers a powerfull calibration tool incl. editor where you can add custom cables, preamps, antenna and attenuator, no problem.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: