Clear all

Magnotracker (ELF-6) convert analog input [V] to [T]

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@casperh)
Topic starter  

Hi all

I got a Magnotracker (ELF-6) antenna and NF-5035.

The signal from the antenna (ELF-6) is given in [V] through SMA analog input. How can i convert the signal in [V] to [T] Tesla using the MCS software? so i can get the readouts in Tesla...

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

This is not possible. The MagnoTRACKER is a TRACKING ANTENNA and no antenna for field strength measurement. You would need to use the MDF antenna instead, but this antenna has much less sensitivity.

As a work around you could calibrate the MagnoTRACKER antenna with ONE of the endless possible setups with a known source or a field strength meter, then you could add a calibration in the MCS software. but this would only work for this special setup. As soon as you change the adjustment knobs of the magnoTRACKER control panel the measurement will be totally wrong again.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@casperh)
Topic starter  

This is not possible. The MagnoTRACKER is a TRACKING ANTENNA and no antenna for field strength measurement. You would need to use the MDF antenna instead, but this antenna has much less sensitivity.

As a work around you could calibrate the MagnoTRACKER antenna with ONE of the endless possible setups with a known source or a field strength meter, then you could add a calibration in the MCS software. but this would only work for this special setup. As soon as you change the adjustment knobs of the magnoTRACKER control panel the measurement will be totally wrong again.

Ok thanks that makes sense.

So i can use it to track/pinpoint a source by mount it on a tripod and rotate it 360 degrees to see when/where the largest signal appears, in this way locate the direction to the source?
When i got the direction i can disconnect the magnotracker and use the buildin field strength meter in the NF-5035 to the values?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes that is how to use it.
If the field is strong enogh you can use the NF-5030 for a field strength measurement.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: