I have bought one unit each of HF-2025E and HF-6085 a cpl of months back. As a novice I've been using HF-2025E for acclimatization. This has been working properly and I faced no problems. Recently, I started using the HF-6085 model. But I see 'UNCALL' and 'OVERLOAD' on the LCD. No one has ever used the unit since the product got delivered to us by AIMIL. Pls help.
I am also new in using AARONIA products, but anyway I want to help with advice:
to receive answer on your question, you should provide more details what you done and maybe upload some pictures/ screenshots so someone could answer on your question.
As any other device there are several "like Windows" rules:
- is device properly charged (batteries)
- have you made "restarts of device" (swich off/ switch on)
- did you investigate available manuals in a way: put all PDF manuals in one folder and then try search for particular word like in screenshots down bellow:
Best regards and I hope that someone will give you proper answer to your question,
few more ideas which could get quicker answer from more experienced members of this forum:
- take a screenshots of your device while it is booting (when powered ON) and when you get that UNCALL and OVERLOAD message ==> for which settings of device ? ==> take those screenshots of menus settings on device itself
- take a screenshots when you change settings (on device itself: SPAN, starting freq, end freq, did you change default hotkeys configurations?) and if then those messages appear?
From AAronia manuals and forum posts here is what I see:
- if you get UNCALL on DISPLAY then it is issue which is solved by increasing SwTime (*2 or >=200 ms)
- generally: when you see that message on DISLPAY you should immediately enter setup and stop measuring/ sweep to protect SPECTRAN device in case that message was result of very strong signal => as mentioned in SPECTRAN manual that signal strength should not be near to 0 dBm like:
The maximum allowable peak power at the input of the Spectran V4 is:
-with activated PreAmplifier: 0dBm maximum (peak)
-HF-6060 V4 & HF-6080 V4 (PreAmplifier OFF): +10dBm maximum (peak)
-HF-60100 V4 (PreAmplifier OFF): +20dBm maximum (peak)
- there is also explanation that OVERLOAD could be result of BETA firmware:
=> on AAronia web site in downloads section is listed as latest firmware BETA 42 (SPECTRAN HF V4: BETA 42) ==> that means that if we get OVERLOAD message that we should ignore it because the reason is BETA firmware (if signal level is low like in post:)
I hope that you will get answer from AAronia moderator because if those messages appear for all Hotkeys (SPANS, FREQ ranges) then it is better that you wait for answer & advice from AAronia colleagues (but you should upload mentioned screenshots so Moderator could see exact problem cause).