I have bought one unit each of HF-2025E and HF-6085 a cpl of months back. As a novice I've been using HF-2025E for acclimatization. This has been working properly and I faced no problems. Recently, I started using the HF-6085 model. But I see 'UNCALL' and 'OVERLOAD' on the LCD. No one has ever used the unit since the product got delivered to us by AIMIL. Pls help.
I am also new in using AARONIA products, but anyway I want to help with advice:
to receive answer on your question, you should provide more details what you done and maybe upload some pictures/ screenshots so someone could answer on your question.
As any other device there are several "like Windows" rules:
- is device properly charged (batteries)
- have you made "restarts of device" (swich off/ switch on)
- did you investigate available manuals in a way: put all PDF manuals in one folder and then try search for particular word like in screenshots down bellow:
Best regards and I hope that someone will give you proper answer to your question,
Thank You Tonizg.
I tried all possible means by consulting the available pdfs for the same. I even set the sp. time to 500 ms as mentioned somewhere in the forum. But all in vain.
few more ideas which could get quicker answer from more experienced members of this forum:
- take a screenshots of your device while it is booting (when powered ON) and when you get that UNCALL and OVERLOAD message ==> for which settings of device ? ==> take those screenshots of menus settings on device itself
- take a screenshots when you change settings (on device itself: SPAN, starting freq, end freq, did you change default hotkeys configurations?) and if then those messages appear?
From AAronia manuals and forum posts here is what I see:
- if you get UNCALL on DISPLAY then it is issue which is solved by increasing SwTime (*2 or >=200 ms)
- generally: when you see that message on DISLPAY you should immediately enter setup and stop measuring/ sweep to protect SPECTRAN device in case that message was result of very strong signal => as mentioned in SPECTRAN manual that signal strength should not be near to 0 dBm like:
The maximum allowable peak power at the input of the Spectran V4 is:
-with activated PreAmplifier: 0dBm maximum (peak)
-HF-6060 V4 & HF-6080 V4 (PreAmplifier OFF): +10dBm maximum (peak)
-HF-60100 V4 (PreAmplifier OFF): +20dBm maximum (peak)
- there is also explanation that OVERLOAD could be result of BETA firmware:
=> on AAronia web site in downloads section is listed as latest firmware BETA 42 (SPECTRAN HF V4: BETA 42) ==> that means that if we get OVERLOAD message that we should ignore it because the reason is BETA firmware (if signal level is low like in post:)
I hope that you will get answer from AAronia moderator because if those messages appear for all Hotkeys (SPANS, FREQ ranges) then it is better that you wait for answer & advice from AAronia colleagues (but you should upload mentioned screenshots so Moderator could see exact problem cause).
The problem appears for all hotkeys. As mentioned earlier, I also tried changing the Sp.time to 200, 400 and 500 ms, but to no avail.