6 Users
0 Likes
35.4 K Views
 Sile
(@sile)
Topic starter  

Hi, i was update last firmware up Spectran HF6065 V4
but after reboot display show "New Calibration Required!"
i was try make calibration by Setup after connected SMA RF Resistor, but no solve this message on display.
What's happened? How can fix this problem?

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

See posting
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1138
and
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1066

Snip

ReplyQuote
charles
(@charles)
Trusted Member

After firmware update 41 was installed on my Spectran HF 60105, the unit was re-calibrated at the factory.

Since a few weeks I have seeen that there is a version 42.
Can I play this over the version 41, without recalibration at the factory, or does this also needs recalibration?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes, updating from Beta41 to Beta42 is no problem.

Snip

ReplyQuote
 Sile
(@sile)
Topic starter  

I was read post, but when i was read that need calibration after upgrade firmware, i was image i can make calibration alone by SMA Resistor 50ohm (WHY DONT WAS WRITE THAT SURE WILL NEED CALIBRATION FROM FACTORY???!!!!!!! a lot person dont make it sure ! ) and sure dont know i must send my Spectran to factory again :idea: :(
Now how i cna solve my problem? How much cost for make new Calibration ? I image a lot money, and is not is good idea that now a lot person ned send all Aronia to company and spend money again for little mistemake about aaronia firmware that make this error.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

You would need to send the unit back to us.
A new calibration incl. full certificate would cost only 199,95 Euros (plus shipping cost).

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

If you see the "New calibration required" on the device itself it means that the current calibration is more than two years old and probably no longer valid, independent of the Firmware update.

ReplyQuote
(@carlvan)

The "New Calibration Required" message appeared immediately after I installed the software upgrade. I'm assuming that it was caused by the update, as mentioned in previous posts. Can I install an older version of the software to reclaim my calibrated status, or did the upgrade trash that old information?

Thanks,
Carl

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

That would make no sense since the new firmware modifies the old calibration file.
Anyway if you get the message your calibration simply was older then 2 years. The new firmware will check this, older versions did not.
In that case your calibration was not valid and you anyway would need a new recalibration (calibration period is 2 years).

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@carlvan)

So, the big question is:
Are the results of the displayed values any different than they would have been before the software upgrade? Are the results just not guaranteed to be calibrated (more than 2 years past cal date), or are they wildly different than they would have been if I had not applied the firmware update?
thanks,
Carl

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Without a new calibration (to compare the results) this is impossible to say.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@lalrina)

same thing happened to me. i have HF60105V3, after i installed beta41, it still reads New calibration required. How can i do the new calibration?

I am using the intrument for research purpose.

Pliz help..

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

To get a new calibration simply send the unit to our lab but please first contact us via Email to get the shipping instructions.
It would only cost 199,95 Euros plus shipping.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: