blue screen after connecting the USB
i installed the LCS (last version downloaded from the spectran website) on my laptop (win7 64bits).
after the installation i connected the unit (NF5035), and i got a crash with the typical bluescreen.
after restarting the computer the unit will not connect through the LCS.
The separate driver package does not come with an installer, please do not try to run FTDIUnin.exe directly.
To reinstall the driver do the following:
- disconnect the device
- unpack the content of the driver package to a new directory
- from that directory run FTClean.exe (don't run it from within the ZIP archive)
- in FTClean do not change any settings, and click "Clean System"
- read the dialog messages carefully, "Yes" is not always the right answer
- when it says "Status: System clean completed" close FTClean
- connect the device, and power it on
- reinstall the current MCS software package (which includes the current driver)
- confirm all questions regarding driver installation / replacing files
- start the MCS after installation is complete
If you're still getting bluescreens then the problem is likely another driver (maybe the USB controller of your mainboard)