Strange display on ...

Strange display on MCS  

RSS

Wooders
(@wooders)
Eminent Member
21/05/2013 4:21 pm  

Hi guys, when I took a recent background trace and examined it I had some strange views in MCS 1.6.4 and I wondered if you could advise on what is happening please?

I took and recorded the trace which is in the zip file attached.

If I play the file back in MCS (and use the Max Hold function) I get the green and red traces you can see in the screen shot.
If I load the same file as a reference I get the 20MHz spikes all over the display (the yellow trace).

Since the MCS system is configured the same can you answer why the traces (which are the same trace) are so different please?

Cheers
Wooders

The original Point and Click Interface was a Smith and Wesson.

mm_dev
(@mm_dev)
Member Admin
22/05/2013 10:24 am  

The issue is that .mdr files contain raw, unprocessed data, and the Load Reference Trace function assumes processed data (like is generated by the "Save Reference Trace" function).
This means not only will you see the 20 MHz images but also the shown trace does not account for any configured offsets, and the selected trace is simply the first sweep in the recording, not the average or max.

ReplyQuote
Wooders
(@wooders)
Eminent Member
29/05/2013 12:33 pm  

Doesn't that defeat the oblect of having the reference trace in the first instance?

When is the "Save Reference Trace" function available? I have only ever seen this button greyed out and not available.

Cheers
Wooders

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Member Admin
29/05/2013 4:46 pm  

This function now is much more powerfull and works fine: Simply click on any trace and the grey "Save Reference Trace" will be activated.

Snip

ReplyQuote
mm_dev
(@mm_dev)
Member Admin
29/05/2013 4:53 pm  

"Save Reference Trace" should work just fine if you select one of the existing traces that you want to save.

ReplyQuote
Wooders
(@wooders)
Eminent Member
29/05/2013 6:05 pm  

Got it. Thanks very much.

ReplyQuote
Share: