frequency points

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alphay)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi
we try to get the scan data from 60105 V4 X by coding by ourself.
The points responsed from 60105 V4 , will be determined by RBW and frequency range setting.
as we have different RBW and frequency range, I will find the differnt points from 60105 V4 X
based on different RBW and frequency range. Is it right ?

And for the level of frequency point we need , how we can have the power level for accurate frequency point we need,
If not , can we use interpolariation for the value of fixed frequency points. or other solution ...

Have any commands

Thanks

Alpha

(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

Can you give an example of what you want, as I'm not sure I understand your question right?

ReplyQuote
(@alphay)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hi
I will attachone file for your reference later.
We try to get the scandata for freq and power level from 60105 V4.

The SCAN curve can be ploted and show on our own software.
the command is AMPFREQDAT ,we set "1 " and get the through USB.
As we setup RBW and Frequency range,the sampling points are generated in AUTO.
What is the relation between RBW, freq range and sampleing points for frequency and power level?

And one more thing , as we have the data from USB, the frequency and power is determined by 60105 V4.
If we need one fixed frequency and its power level . it is not in the data lists by measurement.

How can we have the desired frequency and power level ?

Thanks

Alpha

ReplyQuote
(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

Ok, I think I understand.
Note that the following is just an observation, there is no guarantee that all device/settings combination will behave identically, esp. when dealing with special cases like Powermeter or zero-span mode.
- the number of results in each sweep is Span / RBW * 2 (case A), unless that number is smaller than SweepFrequencyPoints + 1 or 51 (case B)
- the result frequencies start at StartFrequency and are incremented in steps of RBW / 2 (for case A) or SpanFrequency / SampleFrequencyPoints (for case B)
- both variables (number of results and result frequencies) are subject to rounding errors

If you only want to measure at a single specific frequency the easiest way is to set it as both Start- and StopFrequency, then you will only get results for that frequency (still subject to rounding errors though).

ReplyQuote
Share: