Clear all

SDK library function fails

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

I just got started with SDK (aaronia-sdk-beta-2) and notice that both examples fails to start.

At the very beginning, main() calls ConsoleApp() that call ASpectranFactory::openDevice(info) fails.
Output from Console app and the same from GUI app:
QEventLoop: Cannot be used without QApplication
QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with QThread
QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with QThread

There is nothing that I can do or debug since it is your library function that fails.
I assume that my Qt SDK (4.8.2) and Qt Creator (qtcreator-2.6.0) does not cause this. System is Windows 7 and MS Visual 2008 v9.0 .

Should your examples and libraries really work?

This error usually indicates that the Qt version used by your system and the version used to build the SDK aren't compatible. Most likely the installed compiler defaults to using debug libraries, which aren't compatible with the release libraries used for building the SDK. Please try if the following makes a difference:

- unpack the SDK into a new location (so no traces of the old build are present)
- open the examples.pro file in QtCreator
- when prompted about the toolchain to be used make sure to select (only) a MS release toolchain
- check that the project build settings contain '-spec win32-msvc2008' and 'CONFIG+=release' on the qmake commandline

Please let us know if this solves the problem. We're sorry for any inconveniences, but Windows is not a very friendly platform for development.
Also our SDK is in beta stage as the core is still changing constantly, and therefore we can only perform limited testing on each version.

Snip

Share: