TCP/IP commands through Visa/USB port

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
(@esiphoto)
Topic starter  

Hello,

Can I use the commands listed in this link: http://spectran-developer.net/doc/rsa-v ... =&sct=MA==

through Visa (using the USB port of the instrument as the Visa address) communication in LabView? The main command of interest is to save frequency and power of the current trace to a .txt file.

Can I use "SPEC:CALC:TRACE_CUR" and get the numerical values for frequency and power in a trace?

If so, one should be able to use the supported comments in their custom made LabView drivers?

Thanks.

(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

That document is for the RSA network protocol. It is only available over a TCP/IP connection, not for direct USB connections. Please see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1545 for a way to use the protocol with a handheld or desktop Spectran device.

ReplyQuote
(@esiphoto)
Topic starter  

Thanks for this.

I downloaded the latest version of SNDK. The contains some dll files and a demo in Python. From the SNDK README file: "You can start the SUTB directly by calling the SpectranUsbTcpBridge executable, in that case it will open a dialog where you can select the device to control and the TCP port to be used,...". Where is this SpectranUsbTcpBridge executable that I could run?

Once the port has been created using the executable, can I use the port information another environment like LabView to send RSA commands? I presume I should be able to view this bridge as a dummy port (like COM4 USB port) in the device viewer environment such as LabView's Measuerement and Automation Explorer.

I have installed the MCS software and it is working fine. What other installations do I need to do to be able to use SNDK? For example how can I run the Spectran USB-Tcp Bridge?

Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

The SpectranTcpUsbBridge executable is located in the SUTB subdirectory of the archive (assuming the Windows version). Please make sure you have the latest version (20150317 for Windows). If the MCS is installed you should not need any other software to use the SNDK. As for how to use the network connection please see the included python example.

ReplyQuote
(@esiphoto)
Topic starter  

Hello.

I downloaded the last version of SNDK http://spectran-developer.net/ftp/softw ... 150317.zip and when I run the executable file (SpectranUsbTcpBridge) I get this error message: "The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
I see there is a dll file named "msvcr120_clr0400.dll". I did check the MCS software installed folder and did not find any dll file with the following name.

Could you please help with this?

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

This is a Windows installation problem.
See http://windows-library.blogspot.de/2014 ... -is.html#0 how to fix it.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: