Clear all

USB Device not recognized

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
12.2 K Views
(@bigruss)
Topic starter  

I have a number of your SPECTRAN HF-60105 V4 devices.
I haven't used them for a while, but came to connect them to the LCS software, and found they would no longer be recognised by the USB drivers. My engineers might have updated the firmware (they don't normally connect them to a PC) since I last connected them. Or ther may have been a Windows XP or Dell specific update that has caused problems.

I have removed all MCS and LCS software, run the FTDI Cleaner, and rebooted two different computers (Dell Optiplex 745 and Dell Latitude XT2. I have then successfully installed LCS only, MCS only, or MCS and LCS. They install correctly, including the drivers.

When I then connect in either of two HF-60105 devices, they say USB Device not recognized. If I then point the drivers to the Aaronia install folders or SPECTRAN_USB_driver_for_windows.2.06.00, the Installation Wizard doesn't like the driver files, and "could not find a better match for your hardware than the software currently installed".

Using Device Manager to remove as many USB Controllers and Root Hubs as possible (until the mouse and keyboard fail), then rebooting and letting Windows XP rebuild them also fails to adress the problem.

I have the latest B37 V4 firmware on one device (it connected briefly and I managed to update it, but now it doesn't work), and an earlier verion on another (maybe B35?).

I don't know if I have a Dell problem, an OS problem or a Spectran Problem. Any help would be appreciated.

stb
(@stb)
Trusted Member

Hello,

Please try to use a different USB cable, it could help if Windows doesn't recognize the device at all and if even manual driver installation fails. If this doesn't work, you would have to send us the devices for further investigation.

best regards

PGP
Homepage

ReplyQuote
(@bigruss)
Topic starter  

All solved - we had just purchased some new Aaronia USB cables, and the one I was using was faulty - some of our original blue ones have gone missing. It was the only part common to all the tests that were going wrong.

Thanks for your help

ReplyQuote
(@ethanehunt)

Where are you plugging the USB pen, front or back of the PC? Try plugging the pen into the back USB ports. The back USB ports are usually more reliable because the USB ports are hardwired onto the motherboard.

ReplyQuote
Share: