Is this development Kit up to date?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
StuartUK
(@stuartuk)
Topic starter  

I've downloaded the development kit but there is no .SLN file for Visual Studio as is suggested by the documentation. I tried transferring the CPP and H files into a new project but the cpp won't compile.

stb
 stb
(@stb)
Trusted Member

Hello Stuart,

If you got version 1.4.1, available at this site, then yes, you have got the latest release. The previous version, 1.4, is flawed and it won't compile "out-of-the-box" - please try 1.4.1 instead... Some new sample source code, that uses a Makefile and the GNU compiler g++, is included as well. A Visual Studio solution is not available at the moment, but the source code should compile without any error. Please provide more information like compiler output or error messages.

PGP
Homepage

ReplyQuote
stb
 stb
(@stb)
Trusted Member

Here is a Visual Studio 2008 Express example solution.

During the import, i only ran into the problem that vc didn't find some include files. After adding the project directory to the compilers include file search path, everything went well. The path is saved (fully qualified) in the aaronia_pg.vcproj file and you have to adjust it accordingly.

PGP
Homepage

ReplyQuote
StuartUK
(@stuartuk)
Topic starter  

Thanks stb - I'll give that one a go. Wish I'd read your reply before going through the documentation about wrappers around unmanaged code!

ReplyQuote
StuartUK
(@stuartuk)
Topic starter  

Here is a Visual Studio 2008 Express example solution.

This link gives me a page not found error :?

ReplyQuote
stb
 stb
(@stb)
Trusted Member

yeah sorry, it was automatically rsync'ed out of existence :-( ... please check back in about half en hour, the server should have finished (re)synchronizing by then.

PGP
Homepage

ReplyQuote
StuartUK
(@stuartuk)
Topic starter  

Sorry - I should have mentioned that I got the attached ZIP file to work. Just thought you should know about the link :D

ReplyQuote
Share: