Issue between pulse and display

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
13.8 K Views
(@gael05)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm actually working with a brand new Spectran HF-6065 to do signal and noise analysis
in a factory where we got a lot of interferences between machines/devices which work on RF 433Mhz

The aim of my study is first to verify if all devices/machines work on right channel (pre-configured)
and then set different channel for suitable devices to not interfer with others.

I work with Spectran HF-6065 and the last MCS Spectrum Software 2.1.4 Qt5 on Windows 7.

I tried to modify and change analyse configuration many times but i still got a big issue :

when analysis operate, the signal is "refreshed" along spots, faster or slower following settings i use

the main issue is the following : when i try to scan a QRCode with a RF433Mhz scanner, the pulse
doesn't appear to the right frequency on the x-axis (Mhz). What i mean is that all pulses (=each QRCode i want to scan)
is displayed next to the previous one.
Therefore, my chart turns false because if i trust the x-axis when i'm scanning, the signal is displayed
following the time and not the frequency as it should be.

Do you guys have any idea of this behaviour ? did i do something wrong or is it a failure of my Spectran ?

Any idea or advice is welcomed !

Regards,

Gael

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Please send a screenshot incl. all settings etc. so we can verify what you are doing.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@gael05)
Topic starter  

Hello,

First i'm sorry for late, i was out of work last week and can't have access to the material.

Well i'm currently working with pre recorded settings for ISM 433, just changing the timing the sampling and the filtering.

The screen asked is as an attachment file

To come back to my previous message, when i scan a QR Code, when the scan creates an impulsion, the impulsion seems displayed not at the right frequency but more like when the spot is refreshing the signal (like a time analysis and not frequency)

For example in the

, you'll see that i scan a QR Code 2 times, and the impulsion is displayed out of ISM433 (around 431 and 435Mhz)

I also tried with really low settings like 5ms timing, 750 samples, 300khz bw and also high settings, but it still the same behaviour.

This behaviour seems really weird , what do you think about it ? did i miss an extra setting ?

Best regards ,

Gael

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Hard to say whats happening if we dont have the signal for test. I think you would simply need a REAL TIME analyzer like the SPECTRAN V5 to check that signal...

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@gael05)
Topic starter  

Yes, this is really weird, like a displaying default. Well, when my manager has bought the v4 he believed it makes real-time.

I only have a last question, if it doesn't make real-time analysi but just mesuring signal levels, why this product is on sale ?

Thanks you for the answers

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

In the past a lot of signals needed no real time analyzer but today most signals cant be measured without a real time analyzer.
P.S. You can upgrade the V4 to a real time V5 analyzer.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@gael05)
Topic starter  

Alright, i didn't know the V4 was maybe an old one.
How is it possible to upgrade it ? only with software or with a toolkit?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

It is a hardware upgrade. Please send us an Email for an offer...

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: